Preparation...

I am embarking on what I hope will be a 4 month, 17,000 mile motorcycle ride through the US and parts of Mexico and Canada to visit family and friends and to benefit Children International.  Please consider supporting me – learn more here Will's Charity Ride for Children International - PledgeIt

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is page 2!  More Prep...

(Realized after the fact that the services that created the QR codes wants $$$$ to maintain the QR codes.  SO....

This QR code will bring you to the Children International site where you can learn about the good works the charity performs.


This QR code will bring you to the Children International charity portal. PledgeIt.


This QR code will show you where I am in real time via my Garmin InReach. Where's Will?


Less than 2 weeks of work and 3 weeks till launch from Sunnyvale.  Charlene will be joining me in Miami towards the middle of May.  We'll ride down to Key West for a few days and then up to South Carolina to visit my dad and finally arrive in northern New Jersey where my sister lives.  Charlene will fly back to California as I continue on with my ride.

To accommodate Charlene, I'll need to ship my camping gear to my sister''s house in New Jersey.  So I went to FedEx and UPS to determine what it would cost to ship my camping gear from Florida to New Jersey.  My dry sack containing all my camping gear, etc. weighed 77 pounds.  So I reviewed my gear and and reduced it's volume and weight by 14 pounds.  (Some of you, particularly those that backpack or camp, might ask WTF, why 77 lbs?  Details below...after eliminating 14lbs of "unnecessary" items)  I have trial packed the bike numerous times so I'm just taking care of last minute details like gather documents for crossing into Mexico, getting Mexican motorcycle insurance, and making copies of my passport, driver's license, etc.



Trial packed...

 March 13, 2024

The Director of PR from Children International (CI) contacted me today and we discussed how CI would like to publicize the charity ride to broaden exposure to beyond my small circle of family and friends.  He mentioned doing a press release as well as live news events in different cities along my itinerary.  Exciting.

March 15, 2024

Trial run on camping set up proves that I need to make adjustments to cooking and sleeping arrangements.  

March 19, 2024

It looks like I'll be breaking out the rain gear right from the start!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Countdown to March 29 Launch

Videos Part II

Hidalgo del Parral, Guachochi, Batopilas, Creel