I am embarking on what I hope will be a 4 month, 17,000 mile motorcycle ride through the US and parts of Mexico and Canada to visit family and friends and to benefit Children International.  Please consider supporting me – learn more here Will's Charity Ride for Children International - PledgeIt

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Flexibility...

is the ability of a joint to move through a normal range of motion without pain. (Well as my 67 years have progressed, I can be described with that ability less and less.)

However, as it relates to this charity ride, ¨the ability to be easily modified or willingness to change or compromise.¨  Yes, there is that.  I have had my heart set on camping at Gooseneck Park in southern Utah for months.  But,… not this time.  Maybe I can work it in when I am headed back west in the summer. 



As it turns out, there is a storm that will arrive tomorrow, the day before I launch off that will sit over parts of California, Arizona, and southern Utah that look like I could be riding in the rain for 4 to 5 days straight, with temperatures in some cases as low as in the upper 20s. And so while I do expect to ride in the rain during the next 4 months, if I can modify the itinerary to avoid it, I will. This was the initial itinerary for the beginning of the ride.


This itinerary represents Plan D. It minimizes the potential for meaningful rain down to 1 or 2 days and avoids the temperatures approaching freezing. Instead of crossing into Mexico at Nogales, I will cross earlier at Mexicali and transit down the Baja peninsula and take a 9 1-2 hour ferry from La Paz, BCS to Topolobampo, Sinaloa. From there my approach to Creel will also be modified.


Comments

  1. Alternate route looks more fun along the coast line

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Countdown to March 29 Launch

Videos Part II

Hidalgo del Parral, Guachochi, Batopilas, Creel