Wimberly, Austin, Texas

have embarked on what I hope will be a 4 month, 17,000 mile motorcycle ride through the US and parts of Mexico and Canada to visit family and friends and to benefit Children International.  Please consider supporting me – learn more here Will's Charity Ride for Children International - PledgeIt

April 22, 2024

Wimberly, Texas 4,189 miles from home. Sunny day, a bit chilly at first, but turned out to be an easy ride from Flower Mound. I already miss spending time with Kim and Larry. They are such gracious hosts. Tomorrow going to spend some hang time in Austin visiting some friends. I am being hosted here in Wimberly by an ex-colleague, Mark H, who has generously offered me his home as well as to help me with my scheduled oil/filter change which we banged out in short order this afternoon. I had dinner with him and his wife Kayla and their new baby Thomas. He's a cute happy baby.

As soon as I got there Mark was instrumental in getting my oil and filter changed.  We knocked it out in short order in his driveway.



Then I met Thomas, a cool, happy little boy just 9 months old.


Mark and Kayla live on 5 acres overlooking various other lots with trees, pasture, and there are deer and coyotes, and tigers, oh my!

Views out the back deck.





Mark & Kaylas driveway...






Mark suggested that I visit Blue Hole and Jacob's Well which are both near or in Wimberly











Quick hike into see Jacob's Well


Afterwards I rode into Austin to have lunch with a view ex-colleagues.  

We caught up since we've worked together and they gave me a few suggestiuons as to what to see in the short time I might be in Austin, Barton Springs and Pennydecker Bridge.  Here you go!
Barton Springs


Pennydecker Bridge


Stevie Ray Vaughn 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Countdown to March 29 Launch

Videos Part II

Hidalgo del Parral, Guachochi, Batopilas, Creel