Chicago (Buffalo Grove) Jeff & Melissa Facilitate a Break

Mid June
Buffalo Grove, Illinouis

If you've been reading these blogs, you might have noticed that there has been less meandering and more advancing or  delaying to avoid rain.  That has been wearing on me.  So it occurred to me that I was homesick, and despite having spent 2 weeks riding with my wife, that I missed her and the familair surroundings of home.  

So earlier in June I reached out to my friend Jeff, who lives with his wife in a suburb of Chicago, Buffalo Grove, to see if they'd be able to "host" my motorcycle for a week while I flew back to California for a refresher.  They were very gracious in allowing me to leave my motorcycle at their home and shuttle me to and from Ohara so that I could fly back home.  Really,  Jeff and Melissa, you're instrumental in the charity/retirement ride here in 2024.  Thank you for your generousity.
While in Chicago, Jeff exposed to me and we enjoyed sandwichss at the Original Bagel and Bialy, beer at Guthries, dinner at Shefield's, ice cream at Dairy Star (which is where Melissa worked as a teenager) and was super delicious, hotdogs at Weiner Takes All, and Cicago deep dish pizza at Lou Malnati's.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Countdown to March 29 Launch

Videos Part II

Hidalgo del Parral, Guachochi, Batopilas, Creel