Rush, New York (June 3, 2024)

Rush, New York
June 3, 2024

I arrived in Rush, just having completed 9,000 miles towards my goal of 17,000 miles.  I spent 3 days with Michael and his wife Shirley.  It was good to reconnect with Michael after 24 years since we last saw each other.  He and Shirley have a nice homestead in Rush New York, outside Rochester. He's planning to reforest their back forest with indigenous fauna.  We shared conversation catching up and just chilled spending time together.  They have 2 Australian Shepards Briar and Maya.  Maya and I formed a quick bond, apparently after I left, she kept going to the bedroom door where I slept and whimpered.
Michael saved my butt again, as I left my credit card in a restaurant on the last night and Michael had it mailed to Chicago for me.
I split out earlier than planned to avoid the rain.  This has been a theme in the ride since heading north out of Florida.
I was interviewed about the Children International by the local NBC affiliate, but unfortunately, the piece never aired.


Michael Tallon, my friend since 11th grade (1974) with his two Australian Shepards, Briar and Maya.  This in a tranquil spot in his backyeard/forest.


This is Maya, she was a really cool Australian Shepard.  She and I hit it off.  I was sad to leave her behind.  I understand from Shirley that when she returned home from Doggie Daycare, the day that I left, that she sat by the bedroom door where I slept and whimpered.
 





Briar and Maya in a moment of peace.   These two dogs full of energy and Maya maybe the alpha instigating play with Briar. 





Saying goodbye to Michael and Briar!



Leaving Rush early to get ahead of the rain.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Countdown to March 29 Launch

Videos Part II

Hidalgo del Parral, Guachochi, Batopilas, Creel