15,000 Miles (July 13, 2024)

have embarked on what I hope will be a 4 month, 17,000 mile motorcycle ride through the US and parts of Mexico and Canada to visit family and friends and to benefit Children International.  Please consider supporting me – learn more here Will's Charity Ride for Children International - PledgeIt


Here we go, 15,000 miles as I left Nampa, Idaho this morning on my way to Christmas Valley, Oregon.  Today was a long day, 280 miles, much longer than what I like to ride, but between Nampa and Medford, this was the only place to stop for the night as from about 100 miles from Nampa, the ride was just remote countryside.   Since I started out at 6AM, I did get most of the ride done before I experienced 90F.

I arrived in  Christmas Valley only to realize that it is just a tiny "town."  There isn't even a single traffic light and less than 1,000 people live in this "town."  I spent a few hours in the local watering hole as I waited for check in time for my motel room.  

In addition to the 15K miles, here I have added more states to the ride.


Tomorrow, I am heading to Medford, Oregon to visit Emilia, daughter of Michael Tallon who lives in Rush New York, outside Rochester.  Then I turn northward to finish the 2nd to last leg of this ride.  I will visit Etienne in Vancouver, BC. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Countdown to March 29 Launch

Videos Part II

Hidalgo del Parral, Guachochi, Batopilas, Creel