Eagle, Colorado (July 5, 2024)

have embarked on what I hope will be a 4 month, 17,000 mile motorcycle ride through the US and parts of Mexico and Canada to visit family and friends and to benefit Children International.  Please consider supporting me – learn more here Will's Charity Ride for Children International - PledgeIt

July 5, 2024

I slept last night clear through, warm and comfy.  The KOA had a makeshift kitchen with electric burners, so it was easy to brew up my coffee.  So after after relaxing with coffee, I got to breaking camp and packing up.  Almost as I started, a dude with his coffee travel mug in hand engaged me about my motorcycle.  He explained that his wife was in the shower so he had a "few" minutes to kill.  


Since I was just beginning breaking camp, we engaged as I continued to deflate my pillow, sleeping mat, remove the rain fly from my tent, remove the ground cloth, fold up the tent poles, etc.  It was clear that he was going to continue to talk despite that he saw I was breakng camp.  So I enlisted him to help me fold the rain fly, the ground cloth, and eventually the tent.    

As Iwas almot done, he indicated that his wife was probably done with her shower and that he should get back to camp.  We said our good  byes and good  lucks.  he then walked over to the next campers and eventually as I left 20 minutes later, he was still engaged with them.

Fool Me Once, Shame on You, Fool Me Twice, Shame on Me!!!

 


I use Google Maps for nevigation, and honestly, it has served me very well for many years.  Today I was navigating from Rawlins, Wyoming to Eagle Colorado.  I got to Kremmling, CO, had a bit of lunch and relaxed as according to Google Maps, I only had about 50 or so miles to get to Eagle.

After lunch, I gassed up in Kremmling and headed south out of town.  About 2 miles out of town, Google Maps tells me to turn right down that road!  Yea!  Nope!

Instead, I took the surely paved route that was 97 miles to Eagle. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Countdown to March 29 Launch

Videos Part II

Hidalgo del Parral, Guachochi, Batopilas, Creel