Sarah & Sam: Mercer Island Paradise!

have embarked on what I hope will be a 4 month, 17,000 mile motorcycle ride through the US and parts of Mexico and Canada to visit family and friends and to benefit Children International.  Please consider supporting me – learn more here Will's Charity Ride for Children International - PledgeIt

Mercer Island, Washington
July 19, 2024

I´ve arrived Mercer Island, Washington 16,066 mils from home.  Again, I fail at my role as a videographer as the final approach to Sarah's house was a series of super steep cement and paved driveways down to her house.  The combination of curving steep driveways with Google Maps directing not on public roads but on private driveways and not knowing what the bottom looks like, i.e. is there a turn around so that I can point the bike upwards???  Well eventually, there was.


Sarah & Sam on Lake Washington


Sarah heard me pull up and it was good to see a familiar face.  Sarah and I worked together closely for a year at our last employer.  In the work environment, you don’t usually get to choose your team mates and don't always “click.”  Sarah and I did and I had great respect for her as a colleague and we hit it off.  I was sad when she left last year. 



Upon entering her house, I met their dogs Boomer and Poppy, cute little furry dogs.  Wherever I go, I meet dogs, and I like it. After meeting her oldest son Sammy, we chatted and caught up and she informed me of the special treat she has planned.  With her husband Sam, we were to take their Chris Craft powerboat across Lake Washington to El Encanto Mexican restaurant in Kirkland for margaritas and tacos.  Sam toured us around Mercer Island pointing out the beautiful homes on the shore belonging to a Who Is Who of American successful entrepreneurs.  On the way, we passed between Seattle and Bellevue and the Cascade Mountains shine off to the east. 



They live in paradise, as Sarah explained, 4 months out of the year when the weather is sunny and conducive to getting out on the water and enjoying all things water sports.  After dinner Sam’s dad Sam and his wife Mindy docked at Sarah's dock for an evening family chat where I met Maverick their little furry dog.  (I don't remember the breeds!!)

Here we said goodbye...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Countdown to March 29 Launch

Videos Part II

Hidalgo del Parral, Guachochi, Batopilas, Creel